We explain where to park close to Gran Vía to save you having to drive around in circles. As Gran Vía and its surroundings is a very busy area, it is very difficult to find somewhere to park. But it is not impossible. So, keep reading because here are the main car parks that are closest to Gran Vía.
Public paid parking spaces near Gran Vía
There are free public car parks with spaces available at certain times. Furthermore, if you are not sure, you can phone them in advance to ask if they are full.
- Callao Smart Parking: modern robot-assisted parking, located on Calle Tudescos, 1-3. It has security guards and is adapted for people with reduced mobility. It also offers special discounts for companies. The price depends on the time and day you park, and can be calculated on its website.
- Parking Saba Plaza Mostenses: located in Plaza Mostenses, you can park for €2.5/hour and it is open 24/7. It has spaces adapted in order to enable access to people with limited mobility and has camera surveillance. It also has a car wash and car rental service.
- Parking Isabel la Católica: located on calle Isabel la Católica, 12. You can park here for €6 for 2 hours or 24 hours for €27. It is open 24/7.
- Parking público Tudescos – Luna:located in Plaza Santa María Soledad Torres Acosta s/n, one of its accesses is on Gran Vía and has day and night tickets. There are ATMs and its price can be checked by phone.
- Parking hotel Santo Domingo:can be used whether you are a hotel guest or not. It has an access to Gran Via. For up to 30 minutes, it costs €0.06 euros/min; for over 30 minutes it costs €0.055 euros/min; and if you park for longer than 10 hours you will be charged the full day (24 hours) price, which is €31 including VAT.
Free parking close to Gran Vía
Although it is more complicated to come across an empty parking space, there are a few options.
- If your vehicle has a badge, you can park for free in the regulated parking areas, on Sundays and public holidays, Saturdays after 15:00 or any other day from 21:00 to 09:00, both in blue and green zones. As of 1 January 2020, vehicles without badges are not permitted to park in these zones.
- Parking Casino Gran Vía: Parking at the Gran Via Casino is free for customers. It is a hotel, casino, restaurant and sports betting establishment. You can only park there if you use one of its services.
- Calle Méndez Álvaro: there is a paved platform where it is free to park, between Atocha station and the Repsol building. The disadvantage is that it is 4.2 km from Gran Vía, so you will have to use public transport, or take a taxi, if you don’t want to walk.
- Estación de Chamartín: this is also an excellent option as it is close to many shops and leisure facilities. From there, you can take public transport or take a taxi to get to Gran Vía.
So, if you decide to take your vehicle to Gran Via, you should bear in mind these parking options. We recommend leaving in good time in order to be able to find parking spaces in the free car parks. If not, there is always the option of parking in any of the aforementioned paid car parks, which are very convenient due to their proximity to Gran Vía.